Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Always looking for something to eat with our famous jambalaya. This worked out great. I think it was a bit sweet for Russ and Dez so next time I would maybe try to make my own corn bread mix. Also, although it was yummy, I think I would put half the topping on. Two reasons, calories and sogginess.


Indigo Grill’s Indian Corn Pudding

Makes about 12 muffins

1 package Jiffy corn-bread mix(only could find corn muffin mix)

¼ cup plus 1½ tablespoons milk

¼ cup butter, melted

1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce

1 cup creamed corn

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

½ cup sour cream

½ cup mayonnaise (I used low calorie and it tasted fine.)

1 white onion, thinly sliced (I diced it)

Butter 12 muffin tins or line them with paper liners. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine corn-bread mix, milk, melted butter, Tabasco and creamed corn. Mix well. Fill muffin tins half full with this mixture.

In another bowl, thoroughly combine cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and onion. Top each muffin with cheese mixture to fill tin. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.

From Chef Deborah Scott, executive chef for the Cohn Restaurant Group.
With this recipe, I’m carrying on a Thanksgiving tradition begun by my colleague, Caroline Dipping.

Years ago, she shared a corn pudding recipe from chef Deborah Scott. In subsequent years, she found she was besieged by requests from readers who had either lost the recipe or wanted to pass it on to someone else. So, around this time each year, Caroline would reprint the recipe.

Chef Scott created this Indian Corn Pudding recipe in 2004 for Indigo Grill, and it has since become a holiday staple there.

I have added it to my own Thanksgiving menu. The first time I made it, I cooked it in 4-inch ramekins, but that proved to be much too large a serving for such a rich dish. Now I use muffin tins, which seems just right.

To share or request a recipe, email food@uniontrib.com
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/nov/15/corn-pudding-is-holiday-favorite/

Written by
Chris Ross
12:40 p.m., Nov. 15, 2011
Updated 12:40 p.m.

No comments: